Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Are You Struggling?

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love to be with my family and to celebrate the birth of Christ. Every emotion I have seems to be heightened and my senses more acute.

However, for many, Christmas is a time of heightened sadness and overwhelming depression. Grief, loneliness, financial worries and so many kinds of pain all tend to come to the surface for many during this season of celebration. My heart aches for them, and for the pain that they feel. However, there is hope.

There is a healer.

Are you struggling with grief because of an empty chair this holiday where one you have loved has sat before?

Are you burdened with bills and an empty wallet in a season of material obsession?

Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Is your marriage and family crumbling?

Are you facing sickness that seems impossible to face?


Nothing is impossible with God. He knows your every need and can mend the broken. He can fix the things that seem unrepairable. Nothing is out of his reach, and He sees all things. Past, present, and future -- beginning and the end -- they are all in His hands.

He is our Healer.

I hope that you will be encouraged by His promise that He will never leave you or forsake you. He never promised that we would not have problems in life. However, through Him, we can face whatever comes our way. Trust him as your healer. I pray that you will be encouraged today by the words of this song.

5 Comments:

At December 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you Melanie for the words today. I know for myself I do forget those that are hurting this time of year, for whatever reason. I get so focused on my family that there are people who don't have anyone or for other reasons hurting. I will be praying for anyone and everyone that God feels needs my prayers.

I also love the song that you attached. It was really great .. who sings it? I would love to download it for myself.

He is our Healer!! Thank you Jesus for being there for us ALL!!!

May God continue to Bless you and your family.

 
At December 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Cheryl said...

Thank you Melanie. This is going to be a hard Christmas with the loss of my best friend, Jeanne.
Thank you for the words of comfort you've shared today.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Yes, so many who do not have the blessing of family and friends during this time of the year.
We are celebrating with some of them early.

And my family or at least 3/4 of them......are all leaving on an Hawaiian Cruise a couple days after Christmas..and that will be a lonely time for my husband and I who are not able to go with them, due ot my health issues and finances.

So it's been a bitter sweet year this year.

HE IS MY GOD AND KING AND HE WILL BE WITH US HERE TOO.

Rose

 
At December 22, 2010 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Jill Kemerer said...

This is just beautiful. I paid my bills the other day, and although the account was by no means flush, I was so thankful to have enough to get through this season. God is such a magnificent provider!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

 
At December 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Blogger quietspirit said...

Melanie:
The music is awesome. I like your phrase "season of material obsession" I used to hear of the Nieman-Marcus catalogue but I haven't in a few years. I used to read about the cost of the 12 Days of Christmas items but no more. I think it's because I'm not into the material/money/gift splurging obsession.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home